Sarah Behnam is a PhD student at the Management, Economics and Industrial Engineering (Dottore di Ricerca in Ingegneria Gestionale) at Politecnico di Milano and Industrial Engineering (Ingenieria de Organización) at University Politecnico di Madrid in the European doctorate in Industrial Management programme (EDIM). Her research interests involve areas of industrial management that support sustainability and innovations in manufacturing firms e.g. organizational cultures supporting them, innovativeness in the firm-level, and sustainable development.
She has developed her educational career by studying in several universities in Iran, Sweden, Malaysia, Italy and Spain for periods of at least one year. These universities include Sharif University of Technology (SUT,Iran), Royal Institute of Technology (KTH, Sweden), University Technology of Malaysia (UTM, Malaysia), Politecnico di Milano (POLIMI, Italy) and Politecnico da Madrid (UPM, Spain) and currently she is located in POLIMI (Italy). These international experiences have given her the opportunity to immerge, understand and compare different education systems and cultures to widen her worldview.
Sarah Behnam holds a B.Sc. in Industrial Engineering from Sharif University of Technology (2008). She completed a certificate in Basics, Structure& Documentation of Quality Management System in accordance with ISO 9000:2000 series according to the TUV academy training module (Iran-Germany) in Tehran, Iran (2006). She is graduated in her M.Sc. in Production Engineering and Management (KTH, 2012). Also, she is graduated in her Master of Engineering in Industrial Engineering (UTM, 2010).
She has been working along her professional career included working with full-time/Part-time positions or projects in the companies like:
• Azin Nour Isatis Company, Tehran, Iran, 2008
• Naran Building, Tehran, Iran, 2006
• Petroshimi Bandar Imam, Iran, 2008
• Business Processes to Master students from different master degrees, Como, Italy
• Tutoring "Business Game" to Bachelor students, Milano, Italy
• Zalinda Othman, Mohammad-Reza Rostamian Delavar, Sarah Behnam, Sina Lessanibahri, "Adaptive Genetic Algorithm for Fixed-Charge Transportation Problem", accepted in IAENG for the IMECS 2011 (ISBN: 978-988-18210-3-4), paper number: ICAIA_48.
• Seyed Yaser Bozorgi, Mir Abbas Bozorgi Rad, Mohammad Ishak Desa, Sarah Behnam, Sina Lessanibahri, ''A Non-Linear Model for the Classification of Stored Items in Supply Chain Management'', Accepted in 4th International Symposium on Information Technology (ITSim 2010).
• Sarah Behnam, Farhang Shafigh, ''Development of e-maintenance (electronically maintenance) system'' Accepted in 4th international conference on maintenance & Published in Iranian industrial engineering seasonal journal & presented by me in the 4th international conference, 2008
• Link between Innovation and Sustainability (PhD thesis project)
• Mediators in manufacturing firms for being more sustainable and innovative
• The International Manufacturing Strategy Survey (IMSS) carried out in 1992, 1996, 2001, 2005 and 2009 by a global network.